For the full experience, Red Lake Outfitters offers full service guided backcountry trips in Woodland Caribou Provincial Park.
Whether you’re looking to head out for 2 weeks or just one day, one of our certified guides can provide a richer experience as they share wilderness knowledge, camping skills, backcountry cooking tricks, and the best fishing spots!
Backcountry Guided trip
Red Lake Outfitters is the only local outfitter offering full time guide services throughout the season. You won’t find contractors here. No contractors here, just knowledgeable, friendly professionals ready to share their knowledge of the Boreal Forest with you!
We believe in practicing what we preach. That’s why all our guides are certified through Paddle Canada and offer years of back country experience traveling within Woodland Caribou Provincial Park.
Not only will your guide lead you through our incredible wilderness, but they’ll also focus on skills building to help you become a better paddler and back country camper. Some of the skills you can expect to learn on all our guided trips are:
- Correct paddling strokes
- Tarp Rigging and knot tying
- Open fire cooking methods
- Traditional fire making
- Identification of wild edibles
- General camp craft and best practices
- Local fishing techniques
New – Guided Interpretive Day Trips
If you’re only in town for a few days and you want to see some key wildlife spots, extravagant natural sights, or where the fish are biting, we’ve got you covered.
Make the most of your short trip. Red Lake Outfitters is the only outfitter in the region to provide guided day trips. And lunch is on us!
Why hire a guide?
- Guides are extremely knowledgeable of the lakes, rivers, and landscape.
- Shh—it’s a secret! Our guides will point out the best spots for Walleye, Lake Trout and Northern Pike in the region.
- Our guides are gourmet backcountry chefs. They’ll take care of the menu and serve up tasty treats.
- Our guides will show you key points of interest and historical locations.
Backcountry Guided Trip
$325 / DAY
Guided Interpretive Day Trip